If your child is interested in basketball and wants to give it a shot, two local organizations can help.
Here's some information about two basketball clinics in Plum, Oakmont and Verona.
Plum Boys' Basketball
The Plum High School Boys' Basketball team will be holding basketball clinics for boys in grades 3 to 9 beginning on Friday, Oct. 26, from 6 to 9 p.m. A second session will be held Friday, Nov. 2.
The clinic, which is held at the high school gym, costs $40 and offers boys the opportunity to get a head start on the upcoming season. Skills and fundamentals will be emphasized with all age groups. The Plum Boys' Varsity Team and staff will demonstrate and assist in all drills. Individual offense and team concepts also will be emphasized.
To register, complete and return the attached form (located in the media section of this article) with payment to:
Mustang Boys Basketball
751 Bar Harbor Drive
Plum, PA 15239
Enrollment is limited, so players are encouraged to register early. Walk-in registration will be accepted if room is available. For more information, contact Shelly Magnusen, 412-848-4450.
Riverview Athletic Association
The Riverview Athletic Association is hosting numerous free basketball clinics in November. Anyone interested in attending can do so on the date assigned to their age group.
Boys & Girls at Verner
• Grade 1 to 3—Thursday, Nov. 8, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• Grade 4 to 6—Friday, Nov. 9, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Boys & Girls Grade 1 and 2 at Tenth Street
• Monday, Nov. 12, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 16, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Boys Grade 3 and 4 at Tenth Street
• Tuesday, Nov. 13, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 17, noon to 2 p.m.
Girls Grade 3 and 4 at Tenth Street
• Wednesday, Nov. 14, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 17, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Boys Grade 5 and 6 at Tenth Street
• Tuesday, Oct. 30, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 2, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Girls Grade 5 and 6 at Tenth Street
• Thursday, Nov. 1, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 15, 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
For more information, visit www.raasports.org.