Recipe of the Week: Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac
The homemade mac and cheese has a kick to it.
I found this recipe for Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac on a can of Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk. It looked really good, so my family and I tried it. It was absolutely delicious.
The combo of pepper jack and cheddar cheeses really gives this dish a kick. Also, the chips on top give it a nice, salty crunch.
Because it's Lent, I am sure we'll be making this dish one of these Fridays. Try it out and tell me what you think!
What you need:
2 cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (keep separate)
1 12 fluid-ounce can Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 to 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
What you need to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
2. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan, drain it and return it to the saucepan.
3. Add all the cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, the evaporated milk and black pepper to the macaroni. Stir until it's all combined and pour into prepared casserole dish.
4. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese and tortilla chips in a small bowl. Sprinkle over top of the pasta and cover tightly with foil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.