Road Work Occurring in Plum-Oakmont This Week
Here's a roadwork update.
Several roadwork projects will be occurring in Plum, Oakmont and Verona through Friday, June 15.
Here's a look at some of the projects:
Preventative seal coat maintenance work to preserve the life of pavement surfaces continues in the area, weather permitting.
Signs will be posted in advance of work being performed. Motorists are asked to drive slowly over recently treated roadways. Work will occur on:
- Saltsburg Road in Plum from Center Road to Westmoreland County.
- New Texas Road in Plum/Monroeville from Logans Ferry Road to Old Frankstown Road.
- Old Frankstown Road from Plum/Monroeville/Penn Hills from Westmoreland County to Universal Road.
Bridge cleaning has been scheduled in Plum and Verona.
The work will occur in the following locations:
- Saltsburg Road in Plum from Westmoreland County to Center Road.
- Logans Ferry Road in Plum from Westmoreland County to Shearer Road.
- Old Leechburg Road in Plum from New Texas Road to Unity Center Road.
- Allegheny River Boulevard in Verona from Hunter Road to Union Street.
PennDOT advises motorists to use caution, slow down and anticipate changing traffic patterns, lane closures and possible delays when traveling through the area. Motorists also can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions and cameras on major roadways before traveling.
All activities are weather permitting. Lane closures and restrictions should be expected in work areas. Motorists are urged to call 1-800 FIX ROAD to report roadway concerns on state routes and interstates. Litter and debris removal and pothole patching will occur in various areas as needed.