Roadwork Roundup: Aug. 13 to Aug. 17
Here's a look at where road crews will be this week.
Several road projects in the Plum-Oakmont surrounding areas are included in the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's weekly maintenance schedule. Work will occur in the following areas—weather permitting—through Friday, Aug. 17.
Lane closures and restrictions should be expected in work areas.
- Inlet repairs will occur on Old Leechburg Road in Plum from Unity-Center to New Texas roads.
- Patching will occur in Penn Hills on Verona Road from Frankstown to Saltsburg roads; and on the Parkway East from the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit in Monroeville to the Fort Pitt Bridge.
- Litter removal will occur on Route 28 from the Highland Park Bridge to Butler County.
- Intermittent, short-term single lane and shoulder closures will occur in several locations on Route 28. The brief lane closures and restrictions are necessary as contractor crews conduct guide rail repairs. All exits and ramps will remain open. Restrictions will occur in both directions as needed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday between the Etna (Exit 5) and Millerstown (Exit 16) interchanges.
- Short-term single lane alternating use traffic on the bridge that carries Freeport Road over Barge Basin (Guys/Campbells Run) in Harmar Township will occur on Monday, Aug.13, weather permitting. Restrictions will occur as needed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the bridge area between the Hulton Bridge in Oakmont and Guys Run Road. Crews will be placing concrete.
Motorists are advised to use caution, slow down and anticipate changing traffic patterns, lane closures and possible delays when traveling through the area. Motorists also can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions and cameras on major roadways before traveling.