Roadwork Roundup: Aug. 20 to Aug. 24
Here's a look at where PennDOT road crews will be this week.
Several road projects in the Plum-Oakmont surrounding areas are included in the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's weekly maintenance schedule. Work will occur in the following areas—weather permitting—through Friday, Aug. 17.
Lane closures and restrictions should be expected in work areas.
- Inlet repairs will occur on Old Leechburg Road in Plum from Unity-Center to New Texas roads.
- Patching will occur in Penn Hills on Verona Road from Frankstown to Saltsburg roads; and on the Parkway East from the Pennsylvania Turnpike exit in Monroeville to the Fort Pitt Bridge.
- Pipe repair/replacement will occur on Powers Run Road in Fox Chapel/O'Hara from Freeport Road to Fox Chapel Road.
- Traffic on southbound (inbound) Route 28 in Pittsburgh and Millvale will be reduced to a single lane nightly. Crews will continue work along the southbound lanes. Restrictions will occur as needed from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Friday nights between the 40th Street Bridge and East Ohio Street. Brief traffic stoppages in both directions may also occur for truck access.
- Work to clean the interior of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel along the Parkway East will continue Monday and Tuesday. Single lane traffic will occur from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night in the outbound lanes.
Motorists are advised to use caution, slow down and anticipate changing traffic patterns, lane closures and possible delays when traveling through the area. Motorists also can log on to 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions and cameras on major roadways before traveling.