Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Plum-Oakmont Area
Looks like the Plum-Oakmont area will be getting snow.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for snow and blowing snow and warns that travel will be difficult because of slippery roads and reduced visibility.
The advisory is in effect from late Thursday night into Saturday for Allegheny, Butler, Beaver and other counties in the Pittsburgh metropolitan region as well as Ohio and West Virginia.
About 4 to 6 inches of snow is expected to accumulate in the area. Strong winds will cause snow to blow and drift.
Travel will be difficult because of reduced visibility and snow drifting over roads. Winds are expected to gust up to 40 mph and temperatures will fall into the upper 20s.
Here's a look at the forecast for the Plum-Oakmont area:
- Thursday Night—Rain showers before midnight, then snow showers likely. Low around 30. Southeast wind 13 to 17 miles per hour becoming southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 31 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday—Snow showers with areas of blowing snow. High near 32. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 23 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 37 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night—Snow showers with areas of blowing snow before 2 a.m., then snow showers likely with areas of blowing snow after 2 a.m. Low around 26. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 24 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 38 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
- Saturday—Snow showers likely with areas of blowing snow before 11 a.m., then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow showers after 11 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 22 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
- Saturday Night—A chance of snow showers before 9 p.m., then a slight chance of snow showers between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.