If you want to avoid getting the flu this year, you're in luck. There are several local opportunities to get a flu shot. Here's a look at some of them:
Forbes Regional Hospital
Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville will be hosting a public flu vaccination clinic on Friday, Oct. 5, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the hospital’s Learning Centers.
Appointments are available by calling the West Penn Allegheny Physician Access Line at 1-877-284-2000. Appointments are not required; walk-ins are welcome.
Patients covered by Medicare Part B should bring their card to the vaccination session so that Forbes Regional can bill their Medicare carrier directly. Non-Medicare patients should be prepared to pay $25 at the time of vaccination.
Forbes and Plum Emergency Medical Services have teamed up to give out free flu shots. The shots will be administered by paramedics and are available to everyone 18 years and older (while supplies last). The Plum clinic will be held Tuesday, Oct. 16, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Plum EMS, 4545 New Texas Road.
Other nearby clinics will be held at the following times and locations:
- Penn Hills EMS—12245 Frankstown Road, Oct. 5 from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Pitcairn EMS—Park Building, 557 Broadway Boulevard, Oct. 10 from 11 a.m. to noon. At Broadview Manor from 2 to 3 p.m. And at the Pitcairn EMS station from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Monroeville No. 6 EMS, 600 Garden City Dr., Oct. 17 from noon to 8 p.m.
Verona/Penn Hills VFD
The Verona Volunteer Fire Department will be giving free flu shots at its station, 465 Parker St., on Nov. 3 from noon to 2 p.m.
Here are other nearby locations (a flier for more has been included in the media section of this article):
- William McKinley Citizen Center, 801 Seventh St., Penn Hills, Oct. 15 and 24 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Rosedale VFD No. 222, 5806 Verona Rd., Oct. 22 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Penn Hills VFD No. 223, 1701 Leechburg Rd., Oct. 28, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Penn Hills VFD No. 224, 1002 Center Ave., Oct. 29 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Penn Hills VFD No. 227, 125 Universal Rd., Nov. 5 from 6 to 8 p.m.