October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and whether you love to shop, attend events, walk or run, there are tons of different ways to support the cause. Check out the list below of opportunities to go pink in Pittsburgh and beyond:
- Oakmont Skin Care & Electrolysis is hosting the second-annual Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer fundraiser on Thursday, Oct. 4, from 6 to 8 p.m. Enjoy pink cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, raffles, dorr prizes and more. To RSVP, call 412-828-5870.
- The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Greater Pittsburgh walk is happening Saturday, Oct. 6, on the North Shore. Click here for details.
- If you like wine, the Mighty Oak Barrel is hosting an event for you. The Oakmont restaurant will host a wine tasting on Oct. 24 and 25 featuring women winemakers. A percentage of the proceeds will benefit the Breast Cancer Foundation. For more information or to register, call 412-826-1069.
- Wacoal will sponsor its Fit for the Cure program at Macy's department stores, to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. For every woman professionally fitted at these events, Wacoal will donate $2 to Komen for the Cure. The Macy's at Monroeville Mall will participate on Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Info is on the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pittsburgh website.
- The fifth-annual Celebration of Life Zumba event will be held Oct. 14 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Penn Hills YMCA, located along Frankstown Road. There also will be raffles, a Chinese auction and more. The cost is $25, and a T-shirt is included. For more information, call 412-798-1758 or 412-496-7204; or email email@example.com.
- If you're headed to GroveCity Premium Outlets, stop by the Information Center near the food court and donate $10. The outlets have teamed up with Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and when you donate, you'll receive 25% off one item from select stores. Donations will be accepted on-site only via cash or credit, and all proceeds benefit Komen Pittsburgh. Info is on the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pittsburgh website.
These are just a few of many, many awareness events happening this month. If you know of another one, please share in the comments section or post the event on the Plum-Oakmont Patch Event Calendar.