The Plum, Oakmont and Verona area welcomed 2013 with some frigid temperatures, and they're expected to continued through the weekend.
Check out the extended forecast from the National Weather Service below. It's going to be quite cold, and temps are expected to remain below freezing.
- Thursday—Sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind 5 to 11 miles per hour.
- Thursday Night—A slight chance of snow showers between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Friday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 10 to 16 miles per hour.
- Friday Night—Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Saturday—Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night—Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.