The cold weather keeps on coming—and now, the Plum-Oakmont area is expecting some snow.
The National Weather Service is forecasting snow in the Pittsburgh area late Wednesday night, Thursday morning and Friday afternoon. All the showers could bring 1 to 3 inches before the weekend.
Here's a look at the forecast:
- Wednesday Night—Snow showers likely, mainly after 1 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 10. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 miles per hour after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday—A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 19. Northwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Night—Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -2. North wind 5 to 7 miles per hour becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday—Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 22. East wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
- Friday Night—A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Southwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.