Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and we're here to help you plan the perfect day for your sweetie.
This year, Forbes named Pittsburgh as one of the Top 10 Unexpectedly Romantic Cities. So, we've got the setting—let's focus on the gifts!
Jewelry & Flowers
Bella One Florist in Plum has beautiful Valentine's Day arrangements available, as does Oakmont Floral in Oakmont.
Want more options? Check out our directory for local jewelry and floral stores. You're sure to find a gift at one of these shops!
The way to his/her heart is through their stomach!
Take your sweetheart to any one of these local restaurants:
- Pugliano's Italian Grill on Route 286 in Plum is offering steak, lobster and other Valentine's Day specials. Call 724-327-8991.
- Hoffstot's Cafe Monaco in Oakmont is taking Valentine's Day reservations. Call 412-828-8555.
- The Mighty Oak Barrel in Oakmont is taking reservations at 412-826-1069.
- Cafe Vita in Oakmont also is taking reservations at 412-828-5506. The restaurant is offering a five-course dinner for $38 per person. Call the restaurant for details.
Other locally-owned restaurants are:
- Chelsea Grill on Allegheny Avenue in Oakmont—Call 412-828-0570.
- What's Cookin' at Casey's on Allegheny River Boulevard in Oakmont—call 412-826-1400.
- Michael A's Italian Restaurant on Allegheny River Boulevard in Oakmont—Call 412-826-9650.
- John Anthony's Restaurant & Lounge on Center New Texas Road in Plum—Call 412-795-8666.
Spa and Tanning
- Lon Michael's in Oakmont has a special Valentine's Day package for anyone who needs some pampering. Check out the package details here.
- At Plum Gold Tanning, 415 Unity Center Road in Plum Borough, you can buy five tanning sessions for $25 when you show them their Facebook or Twitter advertisement.
- Oakmont Skin Care & Electrolysis in Oakmont also is offering several promotions and services for Valentine's Day, such as a couple's massage and a Vera Bradley coin purse. For details, click here.
As always, Oakmont Bakery has some great Valentine's Day-themed cookies, cakes and dessert for those who have a sweet tooth. Check out the products here.
Dunkin' Donuts on Allegheny River Boulevard in Verona is offering heart-shaped donuts.
if you want a customized treat, a bakery cake decorator will be on hand at the Verona Giant Eagle on Feb, 14 from 2 to 7 p.m. to personalize cakes and sweets for your love.
The Oakmont Recreation Board has extended its deadline for its commemorative brick project. If you want to give your Valentine a gift that will last a long time and be place at Riverside Park, click here for details.
If your special someone loves to read, buy them books from Mystery Lovers Bookshop in Oakmont. The store is offering a 15 percent discount to anyone who uses visits the store or uses the promo code "Valentine" online. Offer is available through midnight on Feb. 14.
Need a quick gift?
Visit your local Hallmark stores in Oakmont and Plum for a sweet card and Valentine's Day themed gift. You also can buy some candy and balloons at the local Rite Aid, Walgreens, Giant Eagle and Shop'n Save stores!