The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a winter weather advisory for most of western Pennsylvania, including Allegheny County and the Plum-Oakmont area, from 10 a.m. Friday to 1 a.m. Saturday.
About 1 to 3 inches of snow is expected in the area.
Here is a more detailed look at the weekend forecast for Plum, Oakmont and Verona:
- Friday—Snow, mainly after noon. High near 20. East wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night—Snow, mainly before 9 p.m. Low around 17. West wind 5 to 7 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of less than 1 inch possible.
- Saturday—A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 miles per hour in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
- Saturday Night—A chance of snow, mainly before 10 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 6 to 11 miles per hour becoming light west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
- Sunday—Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night—A chance of snow and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Don't forget to share your snow photos and any traffic observations with the Plum-Oakmont Patch.