Do you have a loved one suffering from Alzheimer's disease or a similar form of dementia? Are you struggling to help them through the changes in their life and care for them? Home Instead Senior Care of Oakmont would like to invite you to a free class that can give you a better understanding of dementia and how to manage the challenging behaviors exhibited by people suffering from these diseases. From short-term memory loss to delusions, accusations, wandering and repetition, Home Instead Senior Care's Dementia CARE program offers you:
- An in-depth look at what dementia is, how to recognize dementia, and common symptoms
- The best way to connect with people suffering from short-term memory loss
- Techniques to manage dangerous behaviors exhibited by Alzheimer's/dementia patients
- Activities to keep someone diagnosed with dementia engaged and stimulate their body and mind
- Explanation of resources available to help care for those with Alzheimer's disease or dementia
Client Care Coordinator Barbara Tomer, RN, presents the two-hour class, based off the CARE (Changing Aging through Research and Education) program developed by the Home Instead Senior Care network.
The class is 100 percent free; refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP by calling 412-517-8337 or e-mailing email@example.com by February 25.