On January 11, 2014, the Riverview School District celebrated the accomplishments of eight alumni by inducting them into the Distinguished Alumni Class of 2013. Under the direction of their teachers, students currently completing course work in the Sports and Entertainment class hosted the annual event. A supportive crowd of 160 former and current teachers and administrators, along with current students, colleagues, family and friends were in attendance. Throughout the evening, each inductee shared highlights from the extraordinary pathways they have taken and continue to traverse. Faculty and staff members, who invariably added depth and richness to each of the inductee’s experiences during their time at Riverview were noted and honored with sincere gratitude. Riverview is proud of a history that is built on the passion, patience, staunch support, and boundless enthusiasm of its members, past and present. Congratulations to this year’s inductees, including:
· Christa Assad, Teacher and Artist, Fourth & Clay Studios
· Gary Carlberg, Certified Financial Tax Expert, Hewlett-Packard (manages world-wide team)
· Robert Crnjarich, Vice President, Cowden Associates, Retirement and Actuarial Services
· Jennifer Dixon, American Government & Economics Teacher, Gulf High School, an International Baccalaureate World School
· Ben Erdeljac, Math Teacher, Mt. Lebanon School District, Football and Track Coach
· John Erdeljac, Semiconductor Technology and Business, Customer-owned Tooling Business, Texas Instrument
· Chris Favo, Retired FBI Employee, Senior Counsel, General Counsel’s Office, 3M Corporation
· Pamela Pappas, Board Certified Nuclear Pharmacist, Cardinal Health, 20th American woman to climb Mt. Everest
For more details regarding this event, including photographs and biographical summaries on each awardee, please visit us at http://www.rsd.k12.pa.us/Alumni.aspx.
If you are interested in nominating a former Riverview School District graduate as a future inductee, please locate and complete the Distinguished Alumni Nomination Form available on the district’s web page or call the High School office at 412-828-1800 option 6.