Yes, our beloved Steelers are not in the playoffs this year (stop for a minute to wipe a tear), but there is still plenty of football left.
If you're like me, and your Sundays still mean football games and guests, then this easy dip recipe might be just what you need to please the crowd without missing kickoff.
It comes courtesy of myrecipes.com.
Here's what you need:
- 1 (2.1-oz.) package of fully-cooked bacon slices
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (take your pick)
- Garnishes: cooked, crumbled bacon; sliced fresh chives; freshly cracked pepper
- Serve with: waffle fries
Here's what you do:
- Microwave your bacon according to the package directions until crisp and then drain on paper towels.
- Let the bacon cool for 10 minutes; crumble.
- Stir together bacon and next four ingredients.
- Cover and chill one to 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Serve with crispy, warm waffle fries.