1. RCAC Flu Shots Clinic
Monday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m. RCAC 501 2nd St. Oakmont. Greg, Pharmacist from Walgreen's will be administering flu shots at RCAC. There is no charge with Medicare. Bring your Medicare card with you. Other insurances: check with your carrier. Call 412-828-1062 to make apt/more info.
2. Business Leads Exchange Networking Group LLC Presents An Evening to Support Our Troops
Wednesday, Sept. 18, 5 p.m. Comfort Inn-RIDC Park Fox Chapel. $15.00. Hors d’oeuvres, Door Prizes, Shopping, Networking, Chinese Auction, 50/50 Raffle, Cash Bar, and More! Admission Tickets Available at Oakmont Chamber of Commerce, Oakmont Floral, Cheswick Floral, or Northwest Bank (Sharpsburg). All Proceeds Benefit Military Connections Christmas Stocking Drive. www.militaryconnections.org
3. Family Friendly Movie Night at the Library
Thursday, Sept. 19, 6 p.m., Oakmont Carnegie Library. Free Family Friendly Movie Night - at Oakmont Library! Thursday, September 19th at 6:00 pm. No registration necessary. We provide free popcorn and drinks. Our theme in September involves a large dog and a bunch of meddling kids :-)
4. Open House and Wellness Fair at PSCC
Friday, Sept. 20, 10 a.m. Plum Senior Community Center.
- Demonstrations of various fitness classes available at our Center: yoga, tai chi, aerobics & SilverSneakers & more!
- Guests from local wellness organizations
- Health Screenings including Fall Risk Assessments
- Giveaways & Raffles
5. Schenley Shuffle 5k/1-mile Fun Walk+Brunch
Saturday, Sept. 21, Bartlett Grove, Schenley Park, Oakland. This timed race benefits Open Your Heart to a Senior, a volunteer organization that helps seniors in Allegheny County remain safe in their homes by providing friendly visits, safety checks, rides to appointments, and more. Registration for the run and brunch is $20, for the 1-mile walk and brunch is $15, or free for OYHS volunteers. Register by September 20 at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/7685941859.