Oakmont Carnegie Library
The newly renovated Oakmont Library, located on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Allegheny River Boulevard, is part of the Carnegie Library System. A visitor to the library has access to a vast amount of materials, including everything from children's books to Internet access on the many computers. The library utilizes the eiNetwork, which gives library card holders access to request books and materials from all 70 member libraries. All residents of Allegheny County are eligible for a library card.
- Hours: Regular hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 8pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 4pm; Sun, 1pm - 4pm (closed July and August); Staff meetings: First Friday of each month, 10am - noon
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1901
- What makes this community special?: Librarian Beth Mellor likes the community of Oakmont because it is a community of readers. The people are proud of their library and are very supportive.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Size of collection: 28,000
- Specialties: Oakmont library has a strong collection of cookbooks and a large career section.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Must be a member of any library in Allegheny county. Library is in compliance with the Federal Govt. mandate of internet use.
- Programs/classes: The library has both education and entertainment programs and classes for children and adults.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No