Tenth Street School
Tenth Street School, located at the top of Pennsylvania Avenue in Oakmont, serves children K - 6. It is one of two elementary schools in the Riverview School District; the other is Verner Elementary located in Verona. Students at Tenth Street are able to walk to school, although busing within a ten mile radius is available for those traveling to private schools outside the district. Tenth Street School is proud of its high ranking on the PSSA report.
- Fax: 412-828-7373
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp at the entrance as well as handicapped restroom access.
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1976
- Number of students: 390
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 30
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Tenth Street School is very engaged with the community of Oakmont. The use of the school building is offered to community organizations during the school year.
- What makes this community special?: Business Manager Frank Thompson describes the community of Oakmont as a safe urban district. Having sidewalks throughout the community is also a big plus.
- Grade levels: K - 6